The simplest and most immediate way to get to know the energy class is to look for it in the Energy Performance Certificate (APE) or in the oldest Energy Certification Certificate (ACE) of your home as these are the official documents that report this information.

If you do not have the APE or ACE (mandatory in new buildings with building permit or DIA after October 2005) the only way is to have an Energy Performance Certificate (APE) done by a professional: this document is indispensable in order to be able to sell or rent an apartment.

If you do not have the energy class and you just want to get an idea of the annual consumption, considering that the energy class mainly expresses winter energy consumption (expressed in kWh/m2 year), we invite you to use our tool calculation with which we can estimate the "real" energy class of our home. Just enter the value of gas consumption (from October to March) and the surface area of your apartment.

Generally, an apartment is classified according to the possible reference energy classes: A+, A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Obviously, class A+ is the best and refers to consumption lower than 10 kWh/m2 per year. On the other hand, class G is the most expensive and refers to consumption exceeding 160 kWh/m2 per year. Finally, in the middle we find class C which, with consumption below 70 kWh/m2 per year, is the minimum class required for the construction of new buildings.